Friday, February 18, 2011

Once Upon a Time.....


There was this girl who knew absolutely nothing about cooking. She would burn rice (yes you can do that!), and didn't know the difference between a pot and a dutch oven. She had never before had to know to cook for herself and lived on frozen meals while in college.
One day a roommate was cooking in the kitchen and this intrigued the girl. Her roommate was making grilled chicken with couscous and salad. The girl watched her friend make this food and was lucky enough to have a taste. Very satisfied the girl would often watch her roommate cook and eventually learned to cook for herself.

Of course I am that girl! and Christine will always be in debt for teaching me how to cook and showing me that it can be easy.

I love watching the Food Network (The Barefoot Contessa being my favorite), and started buying books. In fact one of my boyfriends bought me my favorite cooking book, Jewish Cooking in America (which is part cook book part Jewish history.... thanks Mark). I also love the Weight Watchers newest cookbook along with some other books purchased from Junior Leagues around the United States.

Although I read and watch about cooking, I hardly ever follow directions. I like to add my own spin on things. I also don't eat certain things and try to be as organic as possible (I will write more about the merits of organic food, but that is for later).

I hope you enjoy my blog and please let me know if you have any suggestions or have your own great healthy (easy) recipes for us lazy girls :)

1 comment:

Dear Jo said...

Can't wait to hear about the merits of organic!